Guest CharlieRose

Sexual Orientation As Related To Gender Identity

What is your sexual orientation and gender identity?   318 members have voted

1. 1. I identify as a...

• Straight Transman (attracted to women)
    • Gay Transman (attracted to men)
    • Bi/Pan-sexual Transman (attracted to both/all genders)
    • Asexual Transman (attracted to no one of any gender)
    • Straight Transwoman (attracted to men)
    • Lesbian Transwoman (attracted to women)
    • Bi/Pan-sexual Transwoman (attracted to both/all genders)
    • Asexual Transwoman (attracted to no one of any gender)
    • Genderqueer/Other Transgender male attracted to women
    • Genderqueer male attracted to men
    • Genderqueer male attracted to both/all genders
    • Genderqueer male attracted to no one of any gender
    • Genderqueer/Other Transgender female attracted to men
    • Genderqueer female attracted to women
    • Genderqueer female attracted to both/all genders
    • Genderqueer female attracted to no one of any gender
    • Other (Please Explain)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

100 posts in this topic

Okay, trying this again... Mods, if this doesn't have a poll, then can you please just delete it? It's weird, I can't get the polls to work properly. I swear I filled one out but I think it'll probably disappear like it did last time.

Congrats, Charlie, you did it this time! :)

As to your poll, I would have answered differently a few months ago - interested only in women.

But I have to admit, I think my attitude has changed. If circumstances change in the future and I was no longer married,

IF I wanted companionship, I believe I would seek a heterosexual relationship with a man. As a woman, that seems the natural

and preferable situation.

Carolyn Marie

I ended up answering "other". I'm almost solely attracted to men, but I wouldn't necessarily throw out dating a woman as a possiblity.

I like girls, and checked straight.

That doesn't mean I'm totally blowing off the posiblity of ever being with a guy. I just can't see it happening.

Hooray! Could perhaps someone merge the old thread that didn't work with this one?

I added the other so those who didn't feel like they fit into the categories exactly could express themselves. I also made it a multiple choice so you could express romantic orientation and sexual orientation. (Say, if you're a biromantic but asexual, you could check the bi/pansexual one and the asexual one, since you're sort of both. Or you could check the other if you don't feel like doing that.)

Genderqueer/Other Transgender refers to anyone who identifies as under the trans umbrella but not transsexual, so like crossdressers, androgynes, genderfluid, bigendered, neutrosis, whatever.

And I must ask that if you don't fit into the categories, in order to not mess up the poll, please vote either "other" and explain or don't vote at all (especially if you're cisgender). Thank you!

I have found that the further down this trail I walk the less that I think of men as an object of desire. I still desire to be with women, in a similar way to the way I always have

AWWwww, why lie?

It's becoming blurry for me anymore...

Bi/Pan-sexual Transwoman (attracted to both/all genders)

So, this was my answer.....

Donna Jean

Transsexual pansexual female.

Say it three times fast.

愛 Eth

So, CharlieRose, I'm not quite sure how to answer the, for lack of a better term, duality of my nature. Right now I would answer GenderQueer/Other Transgender male attracted to women. But, that's my current mode right now. I have no doubt that should I ever go through transition, I would be Straight Transwoman attract to males.

Going with a single answer (as I am today) does not tell the entire me, yet I feel uncomfortable putting down both responses because they are rather independent of one another. I am not both at the same time; I am one or the other. But I'm aware that both sides would like to be acknowledged and heard...as themselves. If you can understand.

Chloë

Transwoman attracted to men. What? I'm the only one (so far) !! Come on now!!! :huh:

Hi Nova,

I'm currently dressed, so I felt comfortable voting, and you're not alone. (and I let my other vote also, so there!)

Chloë

Well Charlie glad the poll worked for you this time. I answered as "Bi/Pan-sexual Transwoman (attracted to both/all genders)" which is similiar to how I have answered before. In the past I have answered as a Lesbian-leaning Bisexual Transwoman (that would get me some funny looks at times lol :huh: ), but in the last few months I have started thinking of myself more of Pansexual even though I still feel more of an attraction to women than men.

Denise

I'm just yer old fashioned lesbian transwoman... I just don't find men attractive at all (except Johnny Depp...I used to always say I'd go gay for him...now I can say I'd go straight for him). :rolleyes:

Gin

This poll prompted me to look at census data to calculate the odds of finding a partner in the 55 to 69 year old range - as a trans lesbian in MN. Very depressing number. I defined the pool as gentic and translesbians in the above age range living in my county who are non trans phobic and who share common interests. I have one chance in 15 million. I am so glad that most of you, my friends, are able to begin your transition at a young age and that those of us who didn't or where unable to become our real selfs until later in life are becoming the minority. Remember those who have gone before - and given their lives and then work hard to ease the way for the next generation.

God Bless all of you

Okay, trying this again... Mods, if this doesn't have a poll, then can you please just delete it? It's weird, I can't get the polls to work properly. I swear I filled one out but I think it'll probably disappear like it did last time.

I'm a pure pansexual dude. I like all genders and all gender expressions except for ultra-feminine or ultra-masculine. I basically like everything from femme to butch as long as it's not extreme. I have a soft spot for the cute femme boys in particular though.

bi sexual transwoman, but i'm not sure if that will change or not at the end of transition, i imagien gay guys wouldn't really be attracted to me, and i'm not sure if i'd want a relationship with a straight guy, but I suppose that's me making assumptions based on stereotypes.

I'm an asexual neutrois who's attracted to non-binaries and non-conformists, generally leaning towards male-bodied people.

I'm a straight transman. I have to say that looking at this poll makes me feel really boring and conformist, but I guess "you can't help who you are attracted to" applies all around like.

Bi/Pan-sexual Transwoman (attracted to both/all genders) though it seems the longer I'm on hrt the more I've finding men more attractive.

Vivian

I went with the majority on this one as well, though I do have a stronger attraction to women (one woman in particular :P). I've dated men in the past though, and were I single I wouldn't rule it out. *knocks wood* I'm glad I'm not single though, and I hope it stays that way ^_^

Daniel

I selected Bi/Pan Transwoman because I no longer am not overly concerned with the gender of a partner. Who they are is all that matters to me.

Brenda

Straight female.. I dropped the trans label years ago. I only wear my colours now for sparkle and pride as a sign of solidarity.

and like that im apart of a majority of the minority of a minority! lolz pansexual is what i am, i figure if u pick any in particular you lessen your chance at love right?

hugz, Nikki

Other.

Oooh boy lemme try to explain this one---this is why I don't like labels you know :P

My for the most part male spirit and use of a more male name and pronouns nonwithstanding---I don't identify as a straight man. I'm comfortable with the lesbian label I adopted prior to questioning my gender indentity even though I was always a bit outside the technical lines that that label draws.

I would say possibly pansexual *but* it doesn't really fit me right either.

I'm attracted to femininity/femaleness etc whatever you like to call it---but whether that's a masculine femininity or a feminine feminity, part of a person's gender spectrum or who they are entirely, in a genetically male, intersexed or female body it doesn't matter at all to me.

I have no idea what you'd classify that as though.

Other.

Oooh boy lemme try to explain this one---this is why I don't like labels you know :P

My for the most part male spirit and use of a more male name and pronouns nonwithstanding---I don't identify as a straight man. I'm comfortable with the lesbian label I adopted prior to questioning my gender indentity even though I was always a bit outside the technical lines that that label draws.

I would say possibly pansexual *but* it doesn't really fit me right either.

I'm attracted to femininity/femaleness etc whatever you like to call it---but whether that's a masculine femininity or a feminine feminity, part of a person's gender spectrum or who they are entirely, in a genetically male, intersexed or female body it doesn't matter at all to me.

I have no idea what you'd classify that as though.

I totally get that, but I'm not sure what, if any, term there is for that. I actually think Pansexual applies, since it just means you love who you love (your reasons being whatever attracts you to them), regardless of physical sex. So I think that fits.