Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cerise

One thing I have learn from coming out at LGBTQ meetings

5 posts in this topic

Is ,

It's a great experiance and people accept you unconditionally for the most part. My fourth meeting and after coming out, I am coming out of myself and not only connecting with the rainbow crowd but other alcoholics who are new and still raw.

i am so glad I went back for a fourth time last night to the Trans Queer meeting as I was a little unsure. There were a few more trans people there and I chatted with someone I had seen before but never talked to who was trans. Every week the world is opening up and the secrets I have kept hidden are finding their light.

I signed up for being on the committee for a Queer Trans roundup that might happen again this year. I have never been to an AA roundup and this will be a first if it happens. Being out however is becoming an addiction but it's a healthy addiction, like good movies, socializing and playing guitar.

All made possible by going through fears with my HP holding my hand and in some cases and brow beating me , ( there goes the white dove analogy)..

One of the things I talk about as well as others is being "spiritually topped up".

i feel that today.

:)

That is wonderful to hear.  Very very wonderful!  Doing service of any kind, and being part of it even if we are not PERFECTLY qualified for it is a high point of recovery.  We try it and become good (but not perfect) in time and with help and clear headed enthusiasm and yes, even joy.

That sounds wonderful.  Thank you for sharing.  I've grown to love my GLBTQ meeting and the folks who come there.

Finding service with those people has become a high point of my sobriety.

Hugs,

Charlize

Good for you, cerise. I've done service work and it's always strengthened and enhanced my sobriety. I hope you experience the same.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

Thank you all:) !

i look forward to it.