Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MilaniLiu

Relationship Help

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I've recently met a wonderful man who I absolutely adore.  We've been on several dates and we talk for hours a day when we're apart. You could say the connection between us is close to being perfect.  He is fully aware and accepts that I am a transgender female, however, he has no prior experience with a pre-op transgender female.  He mentioned that he is committed 100% in making us work…  With all of that said, deep down I’m terrified of intimacy with him.  He said he is open to trying new things, but I have no idea how things will work out with him not having any prior experience.  Emotionally/Mentally and Physically (to a certain extent) have a wonderful connection… 

Has anyone ever been in this situation before?  Am I stressing over nothing?

Thank you,

Milani

From my friends in relationships like that, communicating what you want him to do or not do in intimate settings should work. He will also have to be comfortable, so listen to his needs as well.

20 minutes ago, MarcieMarie12 said:

From my friends in relationships like that, communicating what you want him to do or not do in intimate settings should work. He will also have to be comfortable, so listen to his needs as well.

Thank you Marcie Marie. 

Don't overthink intimacy before it starts on a case by case basis.  As @MarcieMarie12 has said, verbal communication is absolutely essential.  First line is to set boundaries, but leave a little room to push them.  As you grow in the relationship and develop trust for one another, you will probably find that even touch in areas you once would not have allowed will become a wonderful part of intimacy.  There will be some boundaries that are set  in stone, but for everyone of those, there is freedom to explore each other in many many other ways.