Xxirishbratxx

Hi everyone

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'm Kerri. My husband cane out to me a week ago as MtF and I'm having some trouble getting used to things.

The first 2 days I sobbed uncontrollably. I felt hurt and betrayed. 

A day or two after he came out to me, I felt more confident that I could deal with the situation. I stopped crying for the most part  (I still get emotional now and then) and I even gave him a bra that no longer fits me properly.

But, I understand that he needs to go through this process to find out who he truly is inside. It's the not knowing the end result that scares me the most. What I do know is, I will do anything and everything I can to make this easier on the both of us.

Thank you for reading and I'm hoping to interact with you all soon. It's nice to know that I'm not alone.  

Hi Kerri. Welcome :) . You are not alone!

It is good that you are here as you can learn a lot about how your partner may be feeling, and the possible course of life.

It is good that you trying to understand things. Together you can move forward with minimal upset. Things can be tricky but things can and often do workout as many here can testify. Try not to worry about end results.

Please don't be afraid to ask anything you are unsure of, and join in as you feel. As you begin to understand it is likely many of your fears will diminish.

Tracy x

*waves* Hi Kerry. Hope you join us in some of the conversations.

Hi Kerri! Welcome to Laura's! As Tracy said, questions are welcome. 

Hi Kerri! Welcome to Laura's!

My wife also cried a lot when I first came out to her. She went to the store and bought me bras and pink pajamas so that I could be comfortable at home. That meant a lot to me! It showed me that she accepted me, that she still loved me, and that we had a chance to stay together! We had twelve years of marriage when I 'popped my cap' as I like to call it. We are going on eight months now after I came out to her.

I won't say that it's for everyone, but it is possible to stay together if that is what you both want, it's just really difficult! No matter what, we are here to talk and to give support or advice.

I was debating if I should comment here or not... but decided what the heck....  Kat, I am so extremely proud of you for being here and reaching out for support. It means the world to me that you are trying, and I love you with all the madness in my soul.

Hi Kerri! It's good to meet you! :)

I came out to my wife 7 months ago. It was up and down for her at first. We kept the communication going and things went well. We had our ups and downs over my desire to transition, but neither of us wanted our marriage to end. It still comes up now and then, and she'll come to me if she has any worries.

The first thing she did was buy me a set of forms a couple of days after I told her. That meant so much, telling me she still loved me, wanted to help me through all the changes, and most importantly she wasn't running away. Since then, she's bought me clothes, pajamas and some shoes. She gives me makeup tips now and then, and just yesterday I went to her for advice on whether or not a scarf would work with the outfit I picked out for work. Hell, when I told her about a bad experience I had trying to use the women's restroom, the next time I went she stopped what she was doing and came along to have my back. But having said all that, she will still occasionally slip on my name and pronouns. Sometimes she catches it and corrects herself right away, other times she doesn't. Either way, I don't mind. I know my transition is a huge change for her as well and she's there for me.

She's been supportive of my transition, as I suspect you are for your wife. There will be ups and downs on both sides while your wife discovers who she is and you adjust to her transition. But as long as you two keep the communication going, I'm sure both of you will pull through and become stronger.

Hello and welcome Kerri, so many of us have been through what is happening to you both and survived, there are so many compromises to be made and so much understanding to go into.It's my birthday today and one of my presents has been a lovely cardigan jacket, life has not been easy through my need to be me and crossdress but we are still together and we love each other more all the time.

love to you both.

viviennemichelle